Friday, November 04, 2005

No Regrets



For old time's sake there are many things one could do to rekindle whatever flames that is left. Rockstars would relish for a reunion concert. Sports people would gladly accept exhibition matches. But for people like you and me, I'm sure a chance to catch up with your previous lover could bring around an unexpected tingle.

We met after 6 years of absence. She definitely learnt alot about self grooming. She looked like a new person. I was riveted for a good few seconds attempting to find a similarity to the geek I knew back then. Brown contacts replaced the thick black framed glasses. Flowing hair was as soft as the caressing wind. What a contrast to the Julia of yesteryears.

I cant't help gasping in awe as Julia stood up and catwalked to the bar counter. What a trophy she would have been now. Vivacious personality, to match a pastel smooth skin. Voluptous as a vixen. I knew all the males around there are lookin at her....in amazement. And here she was sitting in the same table with me. I felt weird...but in a good way for definitely all the guys are silently screaming murderous intentions.

Julia came on to me strong. It was impossible to resist I wondered. I was trying my utter best. She was flirting like a fly. Prancing like a hungry wolf. And I was easy meat. Somehow though I managed to keep the physical intimacy at a minimal. Shunning her soft kisses. I wiped my cheeks each time she pecked...just to disgust her.

She invited me inside her apartment but I declined the sumptous offer. She clearly seemed dissappointed. I could see the millions of questions filling her empty head. "Am I not attractive to you?", she quized. "No Julia. You'd make a goddess blush. It's just that Somebody out there loves me", I replied.

Sometimes in life I guess one should be contented with whatever they possess. Luxuries are just temporary joys. Well to that somebody out there : You'll never be a luxury to me. You're a definite necessity. Half My Soul Is You.