Sunday, October 30, 2005

One Day Affair

It was a chanced meeting, arranged by the young chap workin at the 7-eleven downstairs. She did't have any expression when she first saw me. But I beamed. She looked clean and polished. Smiling and shining even before the neighbourhood alarm clocks began to ring.

I took her in my hand and brought her around. She went into my car. She accompanied me for breakfast. She even followed me into my office. All this without even knowing her name. She remained silent. It didn't take long for me to conclude she's a dumb. In fact, I knew she was the moment we met.

I asked her if she wanted to see the view with me at the top of Swissotel. I told her there was something I need to do and that she was part of it. She just gleamed under the sunlight. We took the elevator that read '51 - 73'. I bet she enjoyed the fast ascend as much as I did.

I stepped near the edge, enjoying the brisk wind on my face. I closed my eyes and held her in my hands. I made a wish. No one is suppose to know. Not you. Difinitely not her cos she's already halfway down there. I hope she enjoyed her journey down as much as she enjoyed the journey up.


Well that my friends is the story of her...a shiny 1 dollar coin.