Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Joke





There she was sitting alone in the classroom. Pondering at the empty wall. Perhaps it wasn't bare to her. She seems deep in thought. Time stood still.

I crept, like a leech against the wall. Silence would have been envious of me. Closer and closer. It was just adequate enough for me to extend my arm and stick it on her blouse. It read, "Carass me. I like it alot." My toils remained unseen and unheard.

Indeed the instructions were abided by a few of the school's hooligans. A sinister smile brewed upon my face as I glanced upon her sobbing like a dark cloud. She was maliciously staring at the piece of paper, just the way she stared at the wall.

The seat next to mine remained unoccupied the following day, and the day after. I begin to imagine if the gravity of the joke was too great. A portentous lesson has hit upon her. Never mess with my heart.