Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Relentless Quest




Muhammad was talking to a friend, who asked him: "Have you ever considered getting married?"

"I have," replied Muhammad. "In my youth, I resolved to find the perfect woman. I crossed the desert and reached Damascus, and I met a lovely, very spiritual woman, but she knew nothing of the world. I continued my journey and went to Isfahan; there I met a woman who knew both the spiritual and the material world, but she was not pretty. Then I decided to go to Cairo, where I dined in the house of a beautiful woman, who was both religious and a connoisseur of material reality."

"Why didn't you marry her, then?"

"Alas, my friend, she was looking for the perfect man."


"The greatest challenge in life is to find
someone who knows all your flaws,
differences & mistakes,
but yet still sees the best in you."

"Anyone can make you smile.
Many people can make you cry.
But it takes someone really special
to make you smile with tears in your eyes."


- An Anonymous Contributor