Sunday, September 25, 2005

Not Beautiful Anymore


The boisterous jeers from the boys had no effect on me. It has been well over 6 weeks since I last got intimate with someone. Alas, that someone has become a no one now and my ravenous craving knows no boundaries. Decisions.

I ploughed through the glamorous streets of the red light district. Beguiling whores lined up the dark alleys. Sorry souls negotiating prices. Angels with a dirty face. Small time pimps were beckoning out to me. Its not usual to see a fine-looking boy walking the glamorous streets of Geylang. For once, everyone wants a piece of me.

I was about to commit a momentous vice. I pranced around this particular bunch of sluts. Then I saw her. Under a tree, she had a forlorn look about her. She wasn't keen on working it seems. That would do just perfect. She made her red dress look ravishing. I booked her for the night.

I was trembling the moment the doors closed behind us. The silence was as uncomfortable as awaiting a court room judgement. She began to unzip her dress. This was the defining moment. I lost. I reached out to her and zipped her dress up again. I couldn't proceed.

I took her to the Esplanade for dinner and ice-cream. She beamed like an innocent child. We had a moonlight walk. I learnt many things about her that night. I made a melancholic girl smile.

For most part of the evening, we forgot where we came from. Fireworks greeted the skies for the post national day celebrations at Marina South. We looked up in awe. This time though, the silence between us was as comfortable as a mother's hug. I held her hands. She gripped it firmly.

Alas, it was time to go. As we neared the very street Ii first set eyes upon her, I held her hand again. "Has anyone told you that you are beautiful?", I said softly. She shook her head. She took my hand to her cheek. Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm not beautiful anymore", came her sorrowful reply as she turned and began her perilous walk back to where she came from.